Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I just need to know what the percentage is for the federal…

Customer Question
I just need to...

I just need to know what the percentage is for the federal income tax

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I’m in my excel program and making payroll stubs to print out and I have to enter the federal income tax percentage based on allowance

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?

I already know that ss is 6.2% and mcr is 1.45% I just need the federal

Submitted: 27 days ago.Category: Tax
3/29/2018
Tax Professional: Dr. Fiona Chen, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 27 days ago
Dr. Fiona Chen
Dr. Fiona Chen, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

I'm Fiona, former IRS revenue agent. I am looking at your question and will get back to you soon. Fiona Chen, MPA, Ph.D., CPA, ABV, CFF, CITP,IMTA

Dear Customer,

The enclosed website link below is the IRS 2018 withholding table. It is not for faint heart persons. It is not just one percentage. That one percentage is based on periods of payroll and amount of income. The withholding amount is based on the amount of the last layer plus the percentage of this layer of income bracket. But this is the one.

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/n1036.pdf

The other choice may be easier is IRS publication 15. It at least gives a number for the class we can find.

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p15.pdf

Regards,

Fiona

Dr. Fiona Chen
Dr. Fiona Chen