Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

How can I find out how much my RMD was for 2017? My tax form…

Customer Question
How can I find...

How can I find out how much my RMD was for 2017?

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

My tax form needs to know how much my RMD was.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Tax
3/29/2018
Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 3 months ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

If you took your RMD in 2017, your bank/institution should have sent you a 1099-R for your RMD.

If you have not received it or have misplaced it, you can request a duplicate copy.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

I was getting payment from annuities and they were enough to cover the RMD, turbo tax wants to know how much that was.

You should have a 1099-R to show the payment.

Can not afford phone.

Offers of phone calls are system generated. You can ignore it.

Barbara, can you answer my question?

I do not have access to your RMD information.

Did you receive a 1099-R?

Did I pay $5 for no answer?

I provided an answer.

Your RMD will be on your 1099-R.

I will opt out so another expert can assist you.

Thank you.

Tax Professional: Lev, Tax Advisor replied 3 months ago
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor

Let me know if you still need any help?
I will calculate RMD for you if you provide

-- the ending balance on your retirement account as of Dec 31,

-- and your birthday

I was able to get a answer threw Alliance, thank You for your help.

You are welcome.

Glad that your issue was resolved.

Let me know if you need help with any other tax related issues.