Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

The credit bank of argricole finance,UK, is asking for COT…

Customer Question
The credit bank of argricole...
The credit bank of argricole finance,UK, is asking for COT payment in order to complete transfer of funds.
I’ve already paid transaction fee. They opened an account for me there as beneficiary to funds but funds belong to someone else who needs to receive funds in a US bank. Is this a scam? It is a large sum
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Tax
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/29/2018
Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 2 months ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Yes. It is a scam.

Whenever there is mention of a COT being required, it is a major red flag that fraud is involved.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb