Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

My mother, who passed away a few years ago, received a

Customer Question
Required Minimum Distribution for her...
My mother, who passed away a few years ago, received a Required Minimum Distribution for her 401K. I am her trustee. Besides me, there is one other beneficiary in a much lower tax bracket. How should I handle this from a tax standpoint? Do I send the other beneficiary a 1099?
Submitted: 23 days ago.Category: Tax
3/29/2018
Tax Professional: ABC Accounting Group, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 23 days ago
ABC Accounting Group
ABC Accounting Group, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hi. Great Question. Quick Question - did the beneficiary receive the $'s from the 401k account.

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
No, nothing received except the notice.
Tax Professional: ABC Accounting Group, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 22 days ago

Hi. If no one received any $'s from the account, no 1099 is needed - it is only required when cash is paid out to the beneficiaries.

Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney