Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

How is the sale of a partnership reported on the personal…

How is the sale...

How is the sale of a partnership reported on the personal 1040 tax return? and how is "personal" goodwill recorded on the partnership since it is closing?

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

We sold our partnership.

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

The amounts were for the fixed assets, corporate goodwill, non-compete, and personal goodwill.

3/29/2018
Cole Parker
Cole Parker, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Hello! My name is ***** ***** you opposed to a phone call to answer your question? This can be a very complicated and in depth question and answer session.
Cole Parker
Sure(###) ###-####
Phone call session started