Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I have a client that has a 1099 misc however he is a

Customer Question
I have a client...

I have a client that has a 1099 misc however he is a minister and filed the 4361 form over 20 years ago how would I report the 1099 income but not have it subject to self-employment tax

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

What more do you need to know

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?

I don't think so

Submitted: 28 days ago.Category: Tax
3/29/2018
Tax Professional: PDtax, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 28 days ago
PDtax
PDtax, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
I'm PDtax. I'll assist.
Report the income on 1040, line 21, other income. The 1099-misc amount is income taxable, but not included in self employment income for SE tax.You can describe the income on the supporting schedule as exempt from SE tax per 4361 filed 199x.Thanks for asking at just answer. Positive feedback is appreciated, five stars is best. I'm PDtax.
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Thank you that is what I did with the exception of the language you gave so thank you
PDtax
PDtax