Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I have full insurance through work and medicare. also have a…

Customer Question
I have full insurance...

I have full insurance through work and medicare. also have a HSA account. turbo tax is telling me i have to much in my MSA. wants me to withdraw $1650.00. Which is the amount my employer put in the account. I am being taxed 6% extra. What is the problem

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Tax
3/28/2018
Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 3 months ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

To be eligible to contribute to an HSA, an individual must be enrolled in a qualified HDHP and may not have any other “disqualifying coverage.”

Medicare is a "disqualifying coverage."

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb