Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I need to get a second mortgage for living and business

Customer Question
I need to get...

I need to get a second mortgage for living and business purposes. i also work from home as i am self employed so can class it as my office. for tax reasons is it better to have a higher interest rate payment or a higher lending fee as the total amount is the same.

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?

I don't think so

Submitted: 29 days ago.Category: Tax
3/28/2018
Tax Professional: ABC Accounting Group, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 29 days ago
ABC Accounting Group
ABC Accounting Group, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hi. Great Question. The higher interest rate will probably cause your monthly payment to be higher. The higher lending fee could be added to the mortgage - therefore the monthly payment is not as high. I would compare - if the lending fee is a lot higher, it might decrease what you can receive to help with your living and business.

Let me know if this helps and if you have any questions. Thank you.

ABC Accounting Group
ABC Accounting Group