Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I have a tax liability with the State of Wisconsin. Can the…

Customer Question
I have a tax...

I have a tax liability with the State of Wisconsin.

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

Can the state lien a bank account for my llc?

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?

The state did seize my personal bank account

Submitted: 25 days ago.Category: Tax
3/29/2018
Tax Professional: Mark Anderson, Tax Attorney replied 25 days ago
Mark Anderson
Mark Anderson, Tax Attorney

You could argue that the LLC is a separate legal entity. Does the LLC owe the state taxes? If it does, then they could lien it. Are you the only member of the LLC? They could go after your membership interest.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
I am the only member of the LLC. Is there another business entitiy that would not be at risk?
Tax Professional: Mark Anderson, Tax Attorney replied 24 days ago

No.

Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney