Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I have a question .. my husband filed our tax for 2017

I have a question...

I have a question .. my husband filed our tax for 2017 jointly for this year .. but I have small home based business registered with fremont ca city as sole propertioship .. with income under $1000 and was registered 3 months ago .. he didn't include it in the filing .. how do I file it .. can I add as amendmant to his first application and it can wait till june or I have to do it separate now ..

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

No thank you

3/28/2018
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

You and your husband will need to file a 1040X and amend your original return. You will require a Schedule C be completed to include the self employment.

Please let me know if you need more information.
If not then please scroll up to see the STARS to rate so I am credited.

Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
when can I file The amendment?

You can filethe 1040X as soon as the original has been processed. That is usually when the refund is sent.