Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I have a question .. my husband filed our tax for 2017

I have a question...

I have a question .. my husband filed our tax for 2017 jointly for this year .. but I have small home based business registered with fremont ca city as sole propertioship .. with income under $1000 and was registered 3 months ago .. he didn't include it in the filing .. how do I file it .. can I add as amendmant to his first application and it can wait till june or I have to do it separate now ..

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

No thank you

3/28/2018
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

You and your husband will need to file a 1040X and amend your original return. You will require a Schedule C be completed to include the self employment.

Please let me know if you need more information.
If not then please scroll up to see the STARS to rate so I am credited.

Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
when can I file The amendment?

You can filethe 1040X as soon as the original has been processed. That is usually when the refund is sent.

Robin D.
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4