Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Must file a 1041 what are the tax rates? estate got a1099r…

Customer Question
Must file a 1041...

Must file a 1041 what are the tax rates?

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

Estate got a1099r for a deferred annuitiy for $10,690.84

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Tax
3/28/2018
Tax Professional: Lev, Tax Advisor replied 3 months ago
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor

Let's reference the instructions

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i1041.pdf

page 4 -- Who Must File -- Decedent's Estate

The fiduciary (or one of the joint fiduciaries) must file Form 1041 for a domestic estate that has:
1. Gross income for the tax year of $600 or more, or
2. A beneficiary who is a nonresident alien.

.

So filing is required.

If that amount is distributed to beneficiary - the taxable income is deducted on line 18 - and there will be zero taxable income for the estate.

But K1 will be issued to beneficiaries - and will be taxed on individual tax return.

Let me know if you need any help with reporting.

where do I get a K1
where do I get aK1

You may use form from the IRS

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1041sk1.pdf

If you are using any tax preparation software - that form should be included.

I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.I am here to help you with all Social Security / Tax related issues