Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I lost my w2, My employee # easy 386618 I worked until about…

Customer Question
I lost my w2 ...

I lost my w2

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

My employee # easy 386618 I worked until about October forward 20 years

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

I wasn't with FedEx ecpress

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Tax
3/28/2018
Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 3 months ago
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

Have you requested a replacement or copy from your previous employer yet? That is the first step you are to take.

• If you are unable to get a copy from your employer, you may call the IRS at(###) ###-####after Feb. 23. The IRS will send a letter to your employer on your behalf. You’ll need the following when you call:
  • Your name, address, Social Security number and phone number;
  • Your employer’s name, address and phone number;
  • The dates you worked for the employer; and
  • An estimate of your wages and federal income tax withheld in 2017. You can use your final pay stub for these amounts.
I tried to contact FedEx express and couldn't get past automated system.

If you cannot access the info and not see a person at FedEx to request the copy you can do as I advised above. Contact the IRS.