Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

How much the government give back from de taxes deducted…

How much the government...

How much the government give back from de taxes deducted from a lottery ticket?

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

A friend won 300000 and the govermente took 100000,,,,will him get some back from the government when he do the taxes?

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/28/2018
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

Usually yes. The withholding is at a single rate so the extra that is withheld is refunded when you file and show your real filing status and exemptions.

Congratulations to your friend.

Please let me know if you need more information.
If not then please scroll up to see the STARS to rate so I am credited.

Just looking to see if you responded

how much do you think he going to get back in percentage?

What is his filing status and how many dependents does he have?

Single and no dependents

One minute..........................

If he won $300,000 and they withheld $100,000 for federal he would get back around $19,000

Why the negative rating? I have responded every time to you,

Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Thank you