Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

My partner and I purchased a mobile home in 2017 in both our…

Customer Question
My partner and I...

My partner and I purchased a mobile home in 2017 in both our names , do we have to claim it together or can only one of claim the home?

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

We are not married and have always filed separate tax returns

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?

No I don’t think so

Submitted: 25 days ago.Category: Tax
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/28/2018
Tax Professional: Lev, Tax Advisor replied 25 days ago
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor

If you are asking about deducting mortgage interest and real estate taxes - either of you may claim these deduction - or you may divide deductions as you agreed.

As long as your name is ***** ***** the title - you may deduct these expenses.

As long as the same expenses are not claimed twice - you are OK.

Let me know if you need any help with reporting.

Tax Professional: Lev, Tax Advisor replied 20 days ago

I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.

Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.

If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.

I am here to help you with all Social Security / Tax related issues.

.

I would like to take this opportunity to wish you peace, love and happiness. Happy Easter!

Lev
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor