Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

My company shifted our 401K funds from one company to

Hello! My company...

Hello! My company shifted our 401K funds from one company to another in 2017. I received a 1099 from the company the funds were transferred from, which surprised me. Is this reported and do I request a form to document that the funds were 100% rolled over into the new fund?

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/27/2018
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

What code is shown on the 1099R?

I am at the office and, unfortunately, that is at home

Ok, you find that out and hit me tomorrow.

no thank you. I do not have the 1099 with me so it will likely not be productive. Is it normal to receive a 1099 for a rollover and is there a form I should have from the new 401K?

It is normal to receive for a rollover yes . The code would be G

Any call offer is site generated, just ignore it.

if it is a form G, I report it and the IRS realizes it is not actual income?

That is correct

Thank you. It likely is a form G. You have been very helpful. Have a great day

You are most welcome.
A positive 5 star rating is appreciated so I am credited for assisting.

Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
you got it.

Thank you

Please follow up if you need to when you have the doc in hand.