Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

TRYING TO GET CREDIT FOR FOREIGN TAXES PAID IN CANADA FOR A…

TRYING TO GET CREDIT...

TRYING TO GET CREDIT FOR FOREIGN TAXES PAID IN CANADA FOR A CANADIAN COMPANY. HAVE ENTERED ALL OFTHE INFORMATION ASKED FOR FROM 1099-DIV FROM FIDELITY INVESTMENTS. BUT I AM NOT GETTING A CREDIT. HELP?

Accountant's Assistant: When did you last update Fidelity Investments?

WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY 'LAST UPDATE FIDELITY INVESTMENTS?

Accountant's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

YES. I DID NOT DOWNLOAD DATA FROM FIDELITY. RATHER I MADE ENTRIES FROM TAX FORMS SENT TO ME BY FIDELITY. COULD BE AN ISSUE?

3/27/2018
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

What tax software program are you using?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
TURBO TAX DELUXE 2017

You need to go to the Deductions and Credits Section.

Estimates and Other Taxes Paid

Foreign Taxes Paid

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
No, let’s chat. My cell is about to crash as it needs recharging. Later I may switch to another phone. OK?

Offers of a phone call are site generated. You can choose to ignore it.

I will make you an offer of a phone call from my end, and you can choose to accept or decline it.

OR

We can continue here.

Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
MY CELL IS DOWN TO 10% SO LET'S CONTINUE ON LINE.
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Can we get started?

Do you want to continue here or by phone?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Call me please

Please enter your phone number in the "enter contact info" section.

Calling now, but went straight to voice mail.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
ARE YOU IN FLORIDA? IF YES, CALL AGAIN AND I'LL ANSWER

Please let me know if you are successful.

Thank you.

Barbara
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent