Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

How do I adjust Federal tax withholding? Texas. Only when I…

Customer Question
How do I adjust...

How do I adjust Federal tax withholding?

Accountant's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Texas

Accountant's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Only when I applied for social security a number of years ago

Submitted: 25 days ago.Category: Tax
3/27/2018
Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 25 days ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

To be withheld from your Social Security payments?

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
I want to adjust my federal withholding in line with the new tax law

For your Social Security payments?

If so, you will need to complete Form W-4V. Here is the form: https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw4v.pdf

The percentages are 7, 10, 12, and 22.

Once you complete the form, you can mail it or deliver it in person to your local Social Security office.

Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney