Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Am caretaker for apartment building, income shown in box 14…

Customer Question
Am caretaker for apartment...

Am caretaker for apartment building, income shown in box 14 on w-2, taxable? self employment tax?

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

How is this reported on 1040?

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Tax
3/27/2018
Tax Professional: Lev, Tax Advisor replied 2 months ago
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor

Employers may use this box to report information such as state disability insurance taxes withheld, union dues, uniform payments, health insurance premiums deducted, nontaxable income, educational assistance payments, or a member of the clergy's parsonage allowance and utilities.

Depending what information is reported - it may or may not be reported on your tax return as deduction or for other reasons.

In general and in most situations - that is optional information and is not separately reported.

Let me know if you need help with interpretation.