Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I have received a 1099-LTC for to use in filing my tax

Customer Question
I have received a...

I have received a 1099-LTC for to use in filing my tax return for both 2016 and 2017. I've called the insurance company, but they offer no help. I cannot get an answer from local IRS agencies. I am in a quandary. I want to file correctly, but I do not know how.

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

Who is "the Accountant?"

Submitted: 26 days ago.Category: Tax
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/27/2018
Tax Professional: Dr. Fiona Chen, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 26 days ago
Dr. Fiona Chen
Dr. Fiona Chen, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

I'm Fiona, former IRS revenue agent. I am looking at your question and will get back to you soon. Fiona Chen, MPA, Ph.D., CPA, ABV, CFF, CITP,IMTA

Dear Customer,

You use IRS Form 8853, Section C, on page 2 of the form, to fill in the information requested including the amount Form LTC distribution and the amount of medical care you incurred which qualify for the LTC.

Enclosed below are the IRS form 8853 and its instruction for your further reference.

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f8853.pdf

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i8853.pdf

Regards,

Fiona

Dr. Fiona Chen
Dr. Fiona Chen