Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

We need a duplicate statement of our social security

Customer Question
We need a duplicate...

We need a duplicate statement of our social security account. Our mail was mishandled by the post office and we did not receive for tax purposes any of the mail from the social security office. We need a phone number to call to allow us to speak with a person who could send out duplicates.

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?

Only that our mail was forwarded to an incorrect address and never received by us.

Submitted: 30 days ago.Category: Tax
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/27/2018
Tax Professional: Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS replied 30 days ago
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS

Social Security knows that people can lose the paper documentation. This is why they created "MY SOCIAL SECURITY" an online account that allows you to get copies of your award letter/benefit verification letter, 1099-SSA, see your earnings record, etc.

...

You can go there, log in (or set up your account AND log in if you've never used it) and print your documents immediately.

...

Here's the site for that: click here for MY SOCIAL SECURITY

...

Once you are logged in to your account, select the "Replacement Documents" tab

...

If you'd rather not use your online account, you can still call.

...

By calling 1-***-***-****, you can speak to a Social Security representative between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. Monday through Friday. Generally, you’ll have a shorter wait time if you call during the week after Tuesday

I'm attaching a set of instructions for setting up your online account:

Please let me know if you have ANY questions at all, before rating me.

If this has helped, and you DON’T have other questions … I'd appreciate a positive rating (using the stars on your screen, and then clicking “submit")

That’s the only way JustAnswer.com will credit me for the work.

But again, let me know if you need more here,

Lane

Lane
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS