Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Do I have to file a tax return this year? Only source of…

Customer Question
Do I have to...

Do I have to file a tax return this year? Only source of income is spousal support .

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

My only income this year is my spousal support from my ex-husband . It is $ 1152.00 a month

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

I live with my three adult kids and nobody presently employed at the time . I am the supporting us all. And am paying rent all the bills .

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Tax
3/27/2018
Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 3 months ago
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

Yes, you are required to file and report the spousal support (Alimony).