Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I am 66 and retired at beginning of year. my income is

Customer Question
I am 66 and...

I am 66 and retired at beginning of year. my income is social security and ira monthly annuity. i lived in indiana last 15 years, but march 9 of this year i moved. to florida. will i need to fill out tax return for indiana this year?

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?

I dont believe so

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Tax
3/27/2018
Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 2 months ago
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

If you were a part-year resident and received income while you lived in Indiana, you must file Indiana Form IT-40PNR, Part-Year Resident . The time from Jan 2017 to March 9, 2017 is your Indiana part year time and only the income you had during that time is reportable to Indiana.

Please let me know if you need more information.
If not then please scroll up to see the STARS to rate so I am credited.

ok. i just noticed a charge on my credit card for $41 to JustAnswer to sign up for something i dont wish to sign up for. can i get that reversed>

Yes I will tell customer support that you do not want a membership. When you rate I will send that over to them for you.