Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I can't find if i have an ein number for a company that i…

Customer Question
I can't find if...

I can't find if i have an ein number for a company that i have

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

Name is*****: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

IF I DON'T HAVE AN EIN NUMBER I WILL APPLY FOR ONE.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Tax
3/27/2018
Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 3 months ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

You can call the IRS to search for your EIN by calling the Business & Specialty Tax Line at ***-***-****. The hours of operation are 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. local time, Monday through Friday. An IRS representative will ask you for identifying information and provide the number to you over the telephone, as long as you are a person who is authorized to receive it.

If you do not have an EIN, you can then apply for one.

https://www.irs.gov/businesses/small-businesses-self-employed/apply-for-an-employer-identification-number-ein-online

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb