Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Client's college son who he fully supports has div income of…

client's college son who he...
client's college son who he fully supports has div income of 1722 and stock trans with little or no gain... is this safe from kiddie tax?
3/27/2018
Chad EA, CDFA®, CFP®
Chad EA, CDFA®, CFP®, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER ®, Professional

Hello!

My name is***** will assist you today.

Please give me one moment while I review your question and type my initial response

If the child's interest, dividends, and other unearned income total more than $2,100, part of that income may be subject to tax at the parent's tax rate instead of the child's tax rate. ---

If the total income is $1,722 then the income would not be subject to taxation at the parents tax rate.

___

I have placed a link below from IRS.Gov for further information concerning tax on a Child's Investment and Other Unearned Income (Kiddie Tax)

https://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc553

Please let me know if this has answered your question or if you have any additional questions.

When you have no further questions a positive rating of 5 stars is much appreciated.

Thank you!

Chad EA, CDFA®, CFP®