Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I have three numbers on my k1 from an Llc partnership The…

Customer Question
I have three numbers on...
I have three numbers on my k1 from an Llc partnership
The first is a loss (negative number from substantial storm damage to the business)
Then there are two numbers on line 14 a and c
How do I report those on my 1040?
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Tax
3/26/2018
Tax Professional: Carter McBride, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 3 months ago
Carter McBride
Carter McBride, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hey! I'm Carter, I'm a CPA and can help you out.

Line 1 will go to Schedule E, Part II, Line 28. From what you're saying, it should go in the nonpassive side. Since it is a loss, the amount could be limited depending on your basis.

The amount on Line 14 a goes to Form 1040 Schedule SE, Line 1a.

You do not need to do anything with 14c.

Let me know if you need anything else. If not, please leave a rating. Thanks!

even though the business was a loss, I'm responsible for income.
Yea, if there is income on the K-1, you're responsible for reporting it.

Hey! Just wanted to follow up to see if you needed anything else. If not, please leave a rating so I can get credit for helping you out. Thanks!