Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

How do I get a copy of my tax returns/files for 2016. Seen…

Customer Question
How do I get...

How do I get a copy of my tax returns/files for 2016

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

Seen to have misplaced that file

Submitted: 24 days ago.Category: Tax
3/26/2018
Tax Professional: Lev, Tax Advisor replied 24 days ago
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor

If you can’t find your copies, the IRS can give you a transcript of the information you need.

You can get your free transcripts immediately online. You can also get them by phone, by mail or by fax within five to 10 days from the time IRS receives your request.

• To view and print your transcripts online, go to IRS.gov and use the Get Transcript tool.
  • To order by phone, call(###) ###-####and follow the prompts. You can also request your transcript using your smartphone with the IRS2Go mobile phone app.
  • To request an individual tax return transcript by mail or fax, complete Form 4506T-EZ, Short Form Request for Individual Tax Return Transcript. Businesses and individuals who need a tax account transcript should use Form Form 4506-T, Request for Transcript of Tax Return.

If you need a copy of your filed and processed tax return, it will cost $50 for each tax year.

You should complete Form 4506, Request for Copy of Tax Return, to make the request.

Mail it to the IRS address listed on the form for your area. Copies are generally available for the current year and past six years.

You should allow 75 days for delivery.

Questions?

Tax Professional: Lev, Tax Advisor replied 22 days ago

I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.

Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.I am here to help you with all Social Security / Tax related issues.
Lev
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor