Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I created a S corporation and I was issued a 1099 from one…

I created a...

I created a S corporation and I was issued a 1099 from one of my clients and I am not sure how to handle the 1099 should I prepare form 1120s and transfer the income to form 1040 I am so confused

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?

Yes I need to basically know how to handle this.

3/26/2018
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

The client should not have issued a 1099-MISC to your S corporation.

Even so, simply add the income shown on the 1099-MISC to your other income for the S corporation. Make sure you do not duplicate the amount if you have already totaled your income from your bank statements.

Once you have completed the 1120S (entering income and expenses), a K-1 will be generated. The information on the K-1 gets entered on your personal tax return.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Barb thank you where would this information go on the 1040??

Look at Line 17 of the 1040.

But you have to complete Form 1120S first to get the K-1.

Then you complete your personal return.

An S corporation is a pass through entity, which means any profit/loss gets passed through to you as the shareholder.

I see you have requested a phone call, but there appears to be a problem at your end.

Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

The phone call request will still not go through.

Here's the number for customer service: (###) ###-####

I will call you as soon as it is resolved.

Phone call session started

I am trying to call you now. The issue was resolved.

For some reason, the call does not seem to going through.

Are you available now?

I am available now please call me at(###) ###-####Ext 403 I am waiting to hear from you.

It was a pleasure speaking with you.

Please let me know if I can assist you in the future.