Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I CAN'T FIND MY RETURN FROM 2016!!! I"ve looked everywhere I…

I CAN'T FIND MY...

I CAN'T FIND MY RETURN FROM 2016!!!

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I"ve looked everywhere I know but no luck!

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

No,I just need to file my 2017 return!

3/26/2018
PDtax
PDtax, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hi from Just Answer. I'm PDtax, and can assist.

I assume you need 2016 for the adjusted gross income for e-filing 2017.

The fastest way is to get that information from IRS, at IRS.gov. Get your 2016 tax return transcript, and the adjusted gross income will be calculated for you. https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript is the link.

As for your 2016 tax transcript, and you can print it out quickly.

You can ask for an actual copy of the return, but that requires a fee and takes weeks to process.

I hope that answers your question. If so, please rate, five stars being best, ***** ***** your request. I'm PDtax.

PDtax