Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

ARE FINANCIAL ADVISOR FEES DEDUCTIBLE

ARE FINANCIAL ADVISOR FEES DEDUCTIBLE
3/26/2018
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant

Hello. Thank you for choosing this Q&A service for assistance. My name is***** will be assisting you. I am prepping my response, which I will provide to you in the next thread.

----------------------

Note that telephone call and other solicitations are automatically generated by the site, not the experts. If you are not interested in an offer, simply decline.

Still typing...

For tax year 2017 you can as a miscellaneous itemized deduction, which is subject to the 2% limit. However, under the next tax bill, from 2018-2025, these fees will no longer be deductible. These fees fall under miscellaneous itemized deductions, which, under the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (New Tax Bill), have been eliminated from 2018-2025.

Still writing...

You can read more about miscellaneous itemized deductions at the following link.

https://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc508

---------------------------------

In closing, my goal is to provide you with the best experience possible! Hopefully, the service that I have provided has earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. Thank you in advance. If you require further assistance, use the reply box and let me know.

are dry cleaning and work clothes deductible to a schedule c self-employed person?

Dry cleaning, no, uniforms that can only be worn on the job, yes. A pair of pants and a t-shirt that you can wear elsewhere is not considered a uniform to the IRS and therefore is not deductible as uniform. SEE BELOW:

-----------------------------

You can deduct the cost and upkeep of work clothes and uniforms if you must wear them as a condition of your employment and the clothes are not suitable for everyday wear. The IRS says the clothing must be specifically required by your employer and is not suitable for taking the place of your regular clothing.

Please take the time to positively rate my response 3 or more stars so that I can receive credit for assisting you. A 5 star rating is greatly appreciated.

Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant