Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

What forms are needed with my tax return. Turbo Tax printed…

Customer Question
What forms are needed...

What forms are needed with my tax return. Turbo Tax printed about 50 sheets and I have not been able to figure out which sheets are needed besides the four tax return forms are necessary. I believe Schedule E is to be attached. I would appreciate any help you can give me, The phone service is not accepting calls due to a backup.

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?

Not at this time

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Tax
3/26/2018
Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 2 months ago
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

Assemble any schedules and forms behind your Form 1040/1040A or 1040NR in the order of the "Attachment Sequence No." shown in the upper right hand corner of the schedule or form. Similar to the Schedule E. If you have a Schedule A as well it would come before the Schedule E

For any supporting statements, arrange them in the same order as the schedules or forms they support and attach them last.

Attach a copy of Forms W-2, W-2G and 2439 to the front of Form 1040. Also attach Forms 1099-R if tax was withheld.

Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 2 months ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Different expert here - my name is ***** ***** I have a different answer.

Because you may not be familiar with exactly what forms and schedules should be mailed to the IRS since you specifically mentioned you have not been able to figure out which sheets need to be included, the easiest way is to go through each page. TurboTax CLEARLY puts a typed line on the forms that do not get included which reads "Keep for your records." Any pages that contain that language do NOT get mailed to the IRS.

I hope this additional information is helpful, but if you need additional clarification, let me know.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb