Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I'm trying to find my daughters 2016 w-2 as she is applying…

Customer Question
I'm trying to find...

I'm trying to find my daughters 2016 w-2 as she is applying for FAFSA (school loan).

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

We need her income in 2016

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?

I don't think so

Submitted: 30 days ago.Category: Tax
3/26/2018
Tax Professional: Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS replied 30 days ago
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS

Hi. …. My name’s Lane,

I hold a law degree (J.D.), with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA in finance, a BBA, and CFP & CRPS (Chartered Retirement Plans Specialist) designations, as well - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, non-profit, and tax advice, to clients on three continents, since 1986.

I’m reading your question now.

Bear with me a moment while I type up my response.

….

Then if you have further questions we can go from there.

If you can’t find your copies, the IRS can give you a transcript of the information you need, or a copy of your tax return. Here’s how to get your federal tax return information from the IRS:

...

• Transcripts are free and you can get them for the current year and the past three years. In most cases, a transcript includes the tax information you need.

...

• A tax return transcript shows most line items from the tax return that you filed. It also includes items from any accompanying forms and schedules that you filed. It doesn’t reflect any changes you or the IRS made after you filed your original return.

...

• A tax account transcript includes your marital status, the type of return you filed, your adjusted gross income and taxable income. It does include any changes that you or the IRS made to your tax return after you filed it.

...

• You can get your free transcripts immediately online. You can also get them by phone, by mail or by fax within five to 10 days from the time IRS receives your request.
    • To view and print your transcripts online, go to IRS.gov and use the Get Transcript tool.
    • To order by phone, call(###) ###-####and follow the prompts. You can also request your transcript using your smartphone with the IRS2Go mobile phone app.
    • To request an individual tax return transcript by mail or fax, complete Form 4506T-EZ, Short Form Request for Individual Tax Return Transcript. Businesses and individuals who need a tax account transcript should use Form Form 4506-T, Request for Transcript of Tax Return.
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
I'm going to try online. Thank you!

If you need an actual photocopy, it will cost $50 for each tax year. You should complete Form 4506, Request for Copy of Tax Return, to make the request. Mail it to the IRS address listed on the form for your area. Copies are generally available for the current year and past six years. You should allow 75 days for delivery.

...

But the transcript, be sure to check the box for "wage and income transcript," has all of the W-2 information.

...

And again, you can get that immediately here: https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

You're very welcome ... Your positive rating … (by using those the stars or faces on your screen, and then clicking “submit”) …is thanks enough!

That's the only way I'll be compensated by JustAnswer for the work here

...

Thank you!,

Lane

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Why am I being charged 33 dollars on top of the $5?
Tax Professional: Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS replied 28 days ago

I bill out to clients a $150 to $250 per hour depending on the deliverable that's needed.

....

I don't know what you were charged, as we experts are users just as you (albeit with credentials verified) and are not alllowed to deal with subscription and pricing.

...

All I know is the following:

• I would NEVER have accepted a $5 question
  • I only receive a portion of whatever you paid them (JustAnswer.com) - and ONLY if you rate positively
  • Anything less than 100+ is one heck of a value, flr the level of experts you get here

...

This us NOT one of those free "anybody in the world can put in their two cents worth" sited.

...

JustAnswer puts users together with verified, highly credentialed experts at VERY reasonable price.

Lane
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS