Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I just now filed my tax return and discovered i overlooked…

Hi. I just now...

Hi. I just now filed my tax return and discovered i overlooked an income intrest. Can i cancel the efiled return and resubmit

Accountant's Assistant: The Financial Software Technician will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

What more do you need

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Financial Software Technician should know?

Do you need my login

3/27/2018
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

No you cannot cancel the e-file or in anyway pull your return back. If the IRS accepts your return you will need to wait until the return is processed and then amend. You amend your return by filing form 1040X to make the correction. Then you mail the 1040X.

If the return is rejected it is sent back to you and you could then add the income correct the reason for reject and send the return.

Please let me know if you need more information.
If not then please scroll up to see the STARS to rate so I am credited.

Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Robin D.
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4