Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I am a tax preparer.I prepare mostly non residents tax

returns.I have a power of...
I am a tax preparer.I prepare mostly non residents tax returns.I have a power of attorney from each client to receive their tax refund envelope(which I mail them personally in their country in Europe).
Question:can I use a PO BOX address to receive mail and refund checks mail?
Will IRS allow this?
I juts want to make sure all IRS mail arrives same spot,nothing to get lost in the mail.
Thansk!
3/26/2018
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant

Hello. Thank you for choosing this Q&A service for assistance. My name is***** will be assisting you. I am prepping my response, which I will provide to you in the next thread.

A PO Box is an acceptable mailing address for the IRS. SEE BELOW:

--------------------------

Place the phrase “P.O. Box,” with your post office box number, on the street line of the address section on your tax return.

Write the city, state and zip code of your post office box on the indicated line in the address section of your tax return.

Check your P.O. Box regularly to pick up your tax refund when it arrives.

REFERENCE SOURCE:

https://budgeting.thenest.com/use-post-office-box-tax-refund-26782.html

--------------------------------

In closing, my goal is to provide you with the best experience possible! Hopefully, the service that I have provided has earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. Thank you in advance. If you require further assistance, use the reply box and let me know.

Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant