Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I have disability, I lost my 1099 my accountant isn't happy.

Customer Question
Hello, I have disability...

Hello, I have disability, I lost my 1099 my accountant isn't happy. How do I get 2017's 1099

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

Well she is ill with a blood disorder and I didn't tell her its been misplaced. I thought it was in the package I sent her. So I'm trying to get one printed out and get it to her so she can do 2017 taxes

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Tax
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/26/2018
Tax Professional: Lev, Tax Advisor replied 3 months ago
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor

An SSA-1099 is a tax form the SSA mails each year in January to people who receive Social Security benefits.

It shows the total amount of benefits you received from Social Security in the previous year so you know how much Social Security income to report to IRS on your tax return.

If you currently live in the United States and you need a replacement form SSA-1099, there are some options :

• Using your online my Social Security account. If you don’t already have an account, you can create one online.

Go to Sign In or Create an Account. Once you are logged in to your account, select the "Replacement Documents" tab;

https://www.ssa.gov/signin

• Calling us at 1-800_772_1213 (TTY 1-800_325_0778), Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.;

You may ask that form to be mailed to your address. That might take a week or so before you will have the form.

• Contacting your local Social Security office.

The form will be printed immediately - but you may need to wait some time before a representative will serve you.

Let me know your zip code - and I will find a local SSA office serving your area.

Let me know if that helps.

if I create an account I can print off 2017 1099 ?

Yes - you will able to download and print all official documents from SSA - including your SSA-1099 statement.

https://www.ssa.gov/signin

Just keep your ID and password ***** save place and do not share with anyone.

Let me know if that helps.

hello can you answer my question? I'm not going to pay more to talk on the phone

Please ignore the phone service offer - if you do not need it - just keep in mind that option exists for future purposes.

That is automatically generated offer.

I addressed your question above.

Let me know if you are not able to see it - and I will report if needed.

I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.

Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.I am here to help you with all Social Security / Tax related issues.