Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Like to get a master file and how to interpret it. Looking…

Customer Question
Like to get a...

Like to get a master file and how to interpret it

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

Looking for year 2013 imf

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

Received a cp59 select code 38

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Tax
3/26/2018
Tax Professional: PDtax, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 3 months ago
PDtax
PDtax, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
I'mCustomer I can assist.
hi. I received a cp59 on wednesday and called to get a transcript for 2013.
This letter is sent because IRS has no record of receiving a tax return for this year. The code 38 is a note regarding backup withholding.You should check your records for a copy of your return for 2013. Check with your state too. A filed state return copy will support completing a return with the same deductions.Your IMF has the tax return codes, and history. You might also ask for your 2013 wage and income transcript so you can prepare a return if needed.I hope that covers things. Ask if you need more assistance. If this answers your questions, please rate my assistance with positive feedback. Five stars is best. I'mCustomer
i didn't file for that year because I thought I was under the non filing income threshold. does a transcript include a wage and income transcript.
The IMF is different. Ask for both. You can get it online at IRS.gov.
select code 38 on the cp 59 means they acquired info from a third party like a bank?
More like you received some income without regular tax withholding, so backup withholding may have been appropriate or even applied. That will be on the transcript.
who ever paid you might have withheld.
the cp 59 address is from austin texas irs collection center. so am i on the radar for immediate collections and seizers
No. There needs to be a tax assessed first. They can't collect without a balance due. Simply file a return or confirm you didn't need to file.
okay i'll wait for the income transcript. they are obligated to show all itemized income sources correct?
Income that is reported to them only.
if i need your service for filing or representation do you have EA and attorneys to help? What is your contact address?

I'll post a premium service offer for a $5 phone call to discuss.

phone call for $5 offer posted.

Customeragain, following up.

We aren't allowed to post private contact information on the site. My phone call offer was designed to offer private follow up.