Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Im just trying to get a copy of my 1040 to download. I need…

Customer Question
Im just trying to...

Im just trying to get a copy of my 1040 to download . I need 2015 and 2016 is this possible???

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

Im trying to get a copy of my 1040 for the last 2 years. I need to download them . Is this possible???

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Tax
3/25/2018
Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 1 month ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

If you used a self preparation tax software program such as TurboTax or TaxAct, you can access your account and download copies of your returns.

You cannot download a copy of your filed tax returns from the IRS.

If you need a copy of your filed and processed tax return, it costs $50 for each tax year. You should complete Form 4506, Request for Copy of Tax Return, to make the request. Mail it to the IRS address listed on the form. Copies are generally available for the current year and past six years. You should allow 75 days for delivery.

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4506.pdf

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
There's got to be more to it than that. They have a section on their website that is labeled Downdload your transcript. However for some stupid reason it will not let me past a certain point for 2 days now??? claiming some technical problem....for 2 day?...I can't wait the days or weeks it claims to take by the mail. I need these copies much faster than that.

A transcript is not a copy of your actual tax return. There's a big difference.

The IRS website is known to have site issues so not being able to access information for 2 days is not unusual.

Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney