Tax

Connect one-on-one with a verified tax professional who will answer your question

Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant

More related answers
All tax professionals are VERIFIED
I have a question. I am 63 years old and my salary this year
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant
I have a question. I am 63 years old and my salary this year is around 130,000.00. I have one house that is rented for 3500.00 / month and I am a part owner in two town house that generate 2800/ month… read more
To Pearl: Iam a 73 year old man with a Tax Burden of
Lev
Lev, Retired
Iam a 73 year old man with a Tax Burden of "RMD-70" and I would pay taxes on the amount I must withdraw . . . = 10% of the total nest egg? … read more
What age does a senior stop filing taxes and at what income
Dr. Fiona Chen
Dr. Fiona Chen, President
what age does a senior stop filing taxes and at what income amount … read more
My retirement income from my SEP-IRA is $15,000 per year,
Lev
Lev, Retired
My retirement income from my SEP-IRA is $15,000 per year, and is taxable. I also receive an additional amount from our Roth IRA. My monthly SS income is $2,216 for me and my wife (based on my income) … read more
I am a joint owner of an LLC. My income is predominantly
Mark Taylor
Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant
I am a joint owner of an LLC. My income is predominantly made up of distributions from the LLC - So, most of my income is recorded on a form 1065 (Schedule K-1). I would like to max out a roth IRA thi… read more
I have a question regarding the State of Ohio tax form. Each
Lane
Lane, JD, MBA, CFP, CRPS
I have a question regarding the State of Ohio tax form. Each year I take mandatory distributions from an inherited IRA. Is this distribution taxable in the State of Ohio? Last year when I had my taxes… read more
Can a senior citizen who is partially disabled use any other
Lev
Lev, Retired
Can a senior citizen who is partially disabled use any other tax deductions than the Homestead deduction?… read more
I am filing my 2014 Fed income tax. My wife passed away in
Bill
Bill, Master's Degree
I am filing my 2014 Fed income tax. My wife passed away in 2012 and I inherited her IRA which had approx $100,000 in it. During 2014 I withdrew $78,100. I received a 1099-R from TD Ameritrade. The for… read more
I am 73 and take SS and funds from my SEP-IRA for retirement
Lane
Lane, JD, MBA, CFP, CRPS
I am 73 and take SS and funds from my SEP-IRA for retirement money. I have decided to work part-time again in dentistry. I started in late 2014. I had expenses renewing my license and earned $1400 in … read more
My mother n law lives with us and dosent work. she pulled 10,000
Stephanie B.
Stephanie B., Accountant
My mother n law lives with us and dosent work. she pulled 10,000 dollars out of her 401k last year for spending money. we claimed her as a dependent on our taxes. what does she need to do about paying… read more
If my mother (who is 76, lives in MA, and is a widow of a veteran)
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
If my mother (who is 76, lives in MA, and is a widow of a veteran) buys a condo in MA, does she qualify for reduced real estate taxes and any other benefits because she is a senior citizen and widow o… read more
does social security income and IRA distributions count towards
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
does social security income and IRA distributions count towards the $3650 income in order to claim an elderly parent?… read more
My 89 yearold mother has been living with us.She can no longer
Wendy Reed
Wendy Reed, Master Tax Advisor Enrolled Agent
My 89 yearold mother has been living with us.She can no longer take care of herself.Can we claim her as a deduction on our 2010 taxes?… read more
I am on SS Disability. However, in 2008 I took a lump sum
Bill
Bill, Master's Degree
I am on SS Disability. However, in 2008 I took a lump sum distribution from an IRA to pay off some debts. Is there any threshold of total distribution (in addition to my SS Income) received before I h… read more
I am 70 and half, I am retired and collecting a Pension and ...
Bill
Bill, Master's Degree
I am 70 and half, I am retired and collecting a Pension and Social Security checks. I also have IRA's in which I have to begin collecting the distribution by the end of this year. I havn't file a Tax … read more
i just file my taxes after all deduction my taxable ...
Bill
Bill, Master's Degree
i just file my taxes after all deduction my taxable income is around 69000 and i am self employ. my accountant told me i have to pay around 13000 for federal and 2500 for nc state tax is that sound ab… read more
Is there any laws regarding real estate tax for people age ...
Guru_Guy
Guru_Guy, Doctoral Degree
Is there any laws regarding real estate tax for people age 65 to 70 years of age? Is there a break for the elderly? Thank you… read more
Does an elderly person have to file taxes if they just ...
Guru_Guy
Guru_Guy, Doctoral Degree
Does an elderly person from CT that is 88 years old have to file taxes if they just collect social security around $11,000 a year and a small pention under $100.00 that amounts to $12,000 a year. Does… read more