Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I am single and age 89.Gross income is 16,884.00 .received…

Customer Question
I am single and...

I am single and age 89.Gross income is 16,884.00 .received fina distribution in a SEP ira I the amount of $117.35. Must I file??? Also, is there an age when someone o

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

Is there an age when elderly people no longer file if

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?

Social Security is only income.Grpss 16,884.I am predently living in senior housing

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Tax
3/25/2018
Tax Professional: Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant replied 3 months ago
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant

Hello. Thank you for choosing this Q&A service for assistance. My name is***** will be assisting you. I am prepping my response, which I will provide to you in the next thread(s).

---------------------------

Note that telephone call and other solicitations are automatically generated by the site, not the experts. If not interested in an offer, simply decline.

Still typing...

In general, there is no age limit on having to file a tax return. The rule is that if a person meets the minimum income requirements to file a tax return, they have to file one, regardless to what their age is. Now, as for you having to file, the answer is no because you do not meet the minimum income requirements to file a return. In general, if social security is a person's only income, they are not required to file a tax return.

Now, unless you had taxes withheld from the final distribution of the SEP IRA, you d not need to file a tax return.

----------------------------------

In closing, my goal is to provide you with the best experience possible! Hopefully, the service that I have provided has earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. Thank you in advance. If you require further assistance, use the reply box and let me know.