Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Please, where can I find the line for carry over losses on…

Customer Question
please, where can I find...
please, where can I find the line for carry over losses on my 1040 return?
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Tax
3/25/2018
Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 1 month ago
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

Look at Schedule D lines 15 and 16 of your 2016 tax return. If Schedule D lines 15 and 16 are losses, then you might have a capital loss carryover to 2017. Use the Capital Loss Carryover Worksheet in the 2017 Schedule D instructions to calculate the amount of the carryover, and whether it is short-term or long-term.

Please let me know if you need more information.
If not then please scroll up to see the STARS to rate so I am credited.

Robin D.
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4