Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

My son who has been going to college, but lives with my X…

Customer Question
Hi,my son who has...

Hi,my son who has been going to college, but lives with my X husband. I have payed for transp[ortation for him to take RTD buses to college as he does not drive and al necessary school supplies, but not any school books. Does that qualify for a tax deduction?

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

Laptop

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Tax
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/25/2018
Tax Professional: Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant replied 3 months ago
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant

Hello. Thank you for choosing this Q&A service for assistance. My name is***** will be assisting you. I am prepping my response, which I will provide to you in the next thread.

In brief, no the expenses that you have incurred on behalf of your son does not qualify as a deduction to you. As a dependent, certain education related expenses are tax deductible, however, it does not sound as if your son is a dependent to you.

--------------------------------

In closing, my goal is to provide you with the best experience possible! Hopefully, the service that I have provided has earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. Thank you in advance. If you require further assistance, use the reply box and let me know.