Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

How do i get a copy of the k1 submitted to the irs? I need a…

Customer Question
How do i get...

How do i get a copy of the k1 submitted to the irs?

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I need a copy of the K1 that was submitted to the irs... where do i find that?

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?

Not that i know of.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Tax
3/25/2018
Tax Professional: Lev, Tax Advisor replied 3 months ago
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor

If that K1 was issued by the estate or the trust - you might want to contact the responsible person and ask for a copy.

If that is not possible - and you are sure that form was already sent to the IRS - you may request your tax account transcript with all information reported on your account - including that K1.

Let me know if you need additional direction.

the k1 would come from my s corp, which I'm 100% owner of. where would I find what was filed with the IRS?

As an owner - you might know if S-corporation's tax return was filed or not yet?

You may request a tax return transcript for your S-corporation - and will have a response from teh IRS if that tax return was not yet filed.

Or - you will get a tax return transcript.

If you are looking for K1 only - in additional to that you may request a tax account transcript fro your own personal account - which will contain information from K1.

.

To get a transcript, people can:

• Order online. Use the ‘Get Transcript ’ tool available on IRS.gov. There is a link to it under the red TOOLS bar on the front page. Those who use it must authenticate their identity using the Secure Access process.
  • Order by phone. The number to call is 800_908_9946.
  • Order by mail. Complete and send either Form 4506-T or Form 4506T-EZ to the IRS to get one by mail. Use Form 4506-T to request other tax records: tax account transcript, record of account, wage and income and verification of non-filing.

Tax Return Transcript. A tax return transcript shows most line items including AGIfrom an original tax return (Form 1040, 1040A or 1040EZ) as filed, along with any forms and schedules. It doesn’t show changes made after the filing of the original return. This transcript is only available for the current tax year and returns processed during the prior three years. A tax return transcript usually meets the needs of lending institutions offering mortgages and student loans.

Tax Account Transcript. A tax account transcript shows basic data such as return type, marital status, adjusted gross income, taxable income and all payment types. It also shows changes made after the filing of the original return.

I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.

Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.

If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.

I am here to help you with all Social Security / Tax related issues.