Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

How can I find and print a copy of my filing for taxes for…

Customer Question
How can I find...

How can I find and print a copy of my filing for taxes for 2016

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

The instructions are not clear. I want to print a copy of my 2016 Federal andew York state

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?

I have been a customer of turbo for several years and read that when I opened my latest (2017) version of Turbo Tax Deluxe it would ask me if I wanted to print out a copy of my previous filing, I saw no such statement.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Tax
3/25/2018
Tax Professional: Mark Anderson, Tax Attorney replied 1 month ago
Mark Anderson
Mark Anderson, Tax Attorney

You should be able to go into your account and print a return if you used turbo tax online. Turbo tax may charge you for the return. You can get a free transcript from the IRS on their web page or order a copy of the return and pay for it. You would need to contact NY state to get a copy of your state return.

Here is some info from turbo tax that tells you how to access your 2016 return:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/3404575-how-do-i-access-my-prior-year-2016-return

If I answered your question, then please hit accept. Otherwise please reply. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I do not need tax advice. I needed instructions on how to use the Turbo Tax software to print my 2016 tax return. I e-filed the return last year and thought I had saved the return. I also thought I remembered printing a copy last year.

Per the Turbo tax website:

The best way to get help accessing your 2016 return is to sign in to your TurboTax account and search for "prior year return" in the upper-right corner. This will give you personalized help tailored to your specific situation.

Mark Anderson
Mark Anderson
Mark Anderson, Tax Attorney