Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

In 2017 I received a FED tax due for my 2015 tax return. Can…

Customer Question
Hello... in 2017...

Hello... in 2017 I received a FED tax due for my 2015 tax return. Can I claim this in my 2017 1040?

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

It's an tax error for 2015 tax 1040 filing, that I had to pay in 2017.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Tax
3/24/2018
Tax Professional: emc011075, Tax adviser replied 1 month ago
emc011075
emc011075, Tax adviser

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

You can deduct state tax payments if you itemize your deduction, however payments made to the IRS are not deductible.

emc011075
emc011075
emc011075, Tax adviser