Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Trying to determine was to do with a 1099-c addressed to an…

Customer Question
Trying to determine was...

Trying to determine was to do with a 1099-c addressed to an estate.

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

The estate received 1099-c two years after the person died

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?

Estate is insolvent

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Tax
3/24/2018
Tax Professional: Lev, Tax Advisor replied 3 months ago
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor

Formally - we need to file the estate tax return - on form 1041

and attach form 982 to claim insolvency exemption.

Let me know if you need any help with reporting.

I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.

Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.

If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.

I am here to help you with all Social Security / Tax related issues.