Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

CITY OF PHILADELPHIA BIRT TAX RETURN EZ - ON THE WORKSHEET…

THIS IS REGARDING CITY OF...
THIS IS REGARDING CITY OF PHILADELPHIA BIRT TAX RETURN EZ - ON THE WORKSHEET S, THEY HAVE THE WORDS STATUTORY NET INCOME DEDUCTION, ISD THAT FOR ALL FILERS TO USE. THE WORD STATUTORY IS WHAT CONCERNED ME.
3/24/2018
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Let me take a look, and I'll let you know.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
OK, THANKS

BIRT does not pertain to a sale of real estate, even though it was a rental property.

BIRT pertains to rental income, services performed, sales of capital assets (i.e., equipment) as a result of conducting business in Philadelphia.

The statutory exclusion is up to $100,000 for those items listed under "Gross Receipts Portion" on the form.

Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
Thanks so much

My pleasure.

Thank YOU for the positive rating of my answer. I really appreciate it!

Barbara
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent