Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I have a W-2C. What do I do with it? I accidentally put

Customer Question
Hi. I have a...

Hi. I have a W-2C. What do I do with it?

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

Okay....I accidentally put "exempt" into my tax form for one of my jobs. Once my employer realized this error, her tax company gave me a new W-2 and a W-2C. I am doing my taxes through Credit Karma now and just trying to figure out how to implement my W-2C.

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

Yes. I started the job in August 2017, so from August too December, I did not pay state of federal taxes for the job. When I file, how does this effect me? What do I need to do to pay those taxes?

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Tax
3/24/2018
Tax Professional: Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant replied 3 months ago
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant

Hello. Thank you for choosing this Q&A service for assistance. My name is***** will be assisting you. I am prepping my response, which i will provide to you in the next thread(s).

----------------------------------

Note that telephone call and other solicitations are automatically generated by the site, not the experts. If you are not interested in any offer, simply decline.

Still typing...

The W2-C is a corrected form W2. You should use the information from the W2-C for your tax reporting and not the original W2. Do not enter the information from both forms. Refer to the following link for more detailed information regarding the W2-C. The information is for employers and not the employee.

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-prior/iw2cw3c--2006.pdf

-------------------------------------

In closing, my goal is to provide you with the best experience possible! Hopefully, the service that I have provided has earned a 5-star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. Thank you in advance. If you require further assistance, use the reply box and let me know.