Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

My enrolled agent filed FinCEN form 114 but under the

country code he put GB...
My enrolled agent filed FinCEN form 114 but under the country code he put GB for Great Britain. The country where the account is held is Saint Vincent and the Grenadines. VC is the country code. I pointed this out to him today but he said his software would not allow an amendment to the correct country code. Obviously it needs to be amended. Who is the best person to file the amendment since my enrolled agent tells me he cannot don’t.
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
supposedly you have an expert in taxes in an enrolled agent that cannot or will not file a correct form 114 to FinCEN. Who can do this correctly. Also what is the process. I feel like the guy is leaving me hanging. Usually a FinCEN amendment requires the access code at the time of the filing.
3/24/2018
emc011075
emc011075, Tax adviser

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

Unfortunately your accountant is correct. The amending form are designed to correct actual reporting numbers and things that change the values like percentages or filing status. They are not designed to change descriptions, addresses, misspelled names or incorrect codes.

As long as the foreign asset currency and the balance and had been reported correctly, it does not make any difference if the bank account location is in South America, Europe or Australia. You accountant can generate an amended form but the form will not indicate what are you trying to change since amending forms only report changes in Adjusted gross income, filing status, credits, deductions, and withholding.

emc011075
emc011075, Tax adviser
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Ok great
emc011075
emc011075
emc011075, Tax adviser