Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

If a non-resident entertainer performs a concert in NYC, is…

If a non-resident entertainer...

If a non-resident entertainer performs a concert in NYC, is he subject to UBT?

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

The entertainer is a symphony conductor who is a foreign national and resides in Europe. He conducted one night in NYC. Does he have to file a UBT return for his income?

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

No, that should do it.

3/24/2018
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

As a non-resident who is not "doing business" in NYC, he would not be subject to UBT.

He has no permanent place of business (i.e., office) in NYC and is not considered to be doing business in NYC.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks very much; that's what I thought. I read the UBT instructions, scoured the NYC finance website and the internet and couldn't find an answer in plain English. Have a good tax season, Gerri

Great minds think alike, Gerri!

My goal is to provide you with excellent service. Please take a moment to rate my answer with a 5-star rating to let me know that I have achieved my goal.

Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Thank you for the positive rating of my answer, Gerri. I greatly appreciate it.

Have a great weekend!

Barbara
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent