Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

I need to kno,w how to etg my IP PIN number. I tried to e…

Customer Question
I need to kno,w...

I need to kno,w how to etg my IP PIN number

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

I tried to e filr

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

IRS refused my e file because ii didn't have a IP PIN number

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Tax
3/24/2018
Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 1 month ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

An IP PIN is a six-digit number assigned to eligible taxpayers that helps prevent the misuse of their Social Security number on fraudulent federal income tax returns.

You can obtain your IP PIN by using the IRS online tool:

https://www.irs.gov/identity-theft-fraud-scams/get-an-identity-protection-pin

OR

you can call the IRS at(###) ###-####for specialized assistance, Monday - Friday, 7 a.m. - 7 p.m. to have your IP PIN reissued. An IRS representative will verify your identity and mail your IP PIN to your address of record within 21 days.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions. If so, please let me know so I can further assist you.

Barbara
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent