Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

Do un filed and un paid taxes ever drop off like collections…

Do un filed and un...
Do un filed and un paid taxes ever drop off like collections do after 7 years?
3/23/2018
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

If a return is not filed there is no statute of limitations. The IRS has the legal right to assess tax at any time.

If the return is filed but not paid, there is a 10 year statute to start collection.

Please let me know if you need more information.
If not then please scroll up to see the STARS to rate so I am credited.

Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
Thank you

You are most welcome

Robin D.
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4