Tax

Have a tax question? Ask a tax Expert

We filed our taxes without one 1095. There was a penalty for…

Customer Question
We filed our taxes...

We filed our taxes without one 1095. There was a penalty for not having medical insurance. Now that the 1095 has arrived, how do we recoup the penalty of $600.00?

Accountant's Assistant: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.

We filed electronic, married, joint.

Accountant's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?

Nothing important.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Tax
3/23/2018
Tax Professional: Lev, Tax Advisor replied 1 month ago
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor

In general - you will need to prepare form 8962 if you receive form 1099A

If that is 1095B or 1095C - you will need to amend your tax return using form 1040X and make changes.

Let me know if you need any help with reporting?

I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.

Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.I am here to help you with all Social Security / Tax related issues.
Lev
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor